Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Kitchen equipment and gadgets

Don't run out and buy new kitchen equipment and gadgets unless they have been contaminated with years of cooking foods you are now allergic to. Visit my Pinterest and click on "my fav kitchen gadgets" to see the pictures of products I have used and luv in my kitchen. Remember, I'm not promoting these products, and I'm not getting paid in any way (would be nice though).

1. Food processor
Cuisinart 11 cups is a must have for shredding potatoes, cheeses, and cabbages. I sometimes use it to make dough. I have two of these. One of them is dedicated to raw meat since I cannot find a good meat grinder. I also have hand grater for a smaller job.

2. Hand mixer
Save your money on stand alone mixer... unless you wanna make marshmallow. I bought Cuisinart HM-70 Power Advantage 7-Speed Hand Mixer at Amazon. This one comes with chef's whisk... perfect for whisking one egg white. The free spatula is a bonus, and it's a perfect gadget for bread making.

3. Green pan
I found them at Target. I have three: a grill pan, an open fry pan, and open wok. You can read more about their products at the Green Pan website. I bought a universal cover for the wok at local Asian grocery store.

4. Kitchen scale
Have you ever baked something that turned out soooo good... then tried baking it again and you wondered "what happened"? Well, every time you measure the all purpose flour by a measuring cup, the flour in that cup is never the same. So enter, a kitchen scale. After I read many products' reviews at Amazon, I bought Kitrics Stainless Steel Scale. I've used this scale to measure everything from flour to sugar to eggs.

5. Bakeware and gadgets
I'm sucker for bakeware, especially gadgets. The best and most often used are Wilton large cookie sheet (great as a pizza stone), airbake cookie sheets (also great as a pizza peel), 12 cups muffin pan, 24 cups mini muffin pan, USA Pans 15 x 6 x 1.5 Inch New England Hot Dog Pan, Chicago Metallic Commercial II Non-Stick Perforated French Bread Pan and Baguette Pan.

I have a lot of measuring spoons, and I am still looking for more. The best one is Farberware 7pc Measuring Spoon Set, sold at Walmart. I have different sizes of ice cream or cookie scoops. OK, I have 5 sizes: XS, S, M, L, and XL. I've used them all at one point.

Cuisinart Round Classic Waffle Maker is great for making breakfast waffles from scratch. Yes, they are much healthier and yummier than the frozen waffles. Chef's Choice 835 Pizzelle Pro Express Bake is great for making very thin waffles... a fun factor purchase. I also bought Danish Ebleskiver Iron... again for fun factor. Remember, I have two boys, and I luv making them fun food. You can see more products at my fav kitchen gadgets.

Can you tell by this list that I need a bigger kitchen... or at least more storage? Yes, I do. When I find new products I really luv, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment