Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 New Year's Resolution

making snow-people cake toppers
Why is it that I'm always running out of time when I try to get things done around the house. So when do I have time to blog? Well, with so many things going on in my life, food blogging is the only way I can keep track of what yumminess I've made and my kids approve of. It is actually a good way for me to organize all of my recipes.

With that said, you can check out a list of All Recipes here. I'll keep this page up to date as I add more recipes in the future.

You know that phrase "where's all the time go?" For me, I'd said it nearly every day. So last year, I promised myself to eat more veggies. That I did!!!

I've been thinking in November... just a few weeks before Thanksgiving, regarding my 2015 new year resolution. I've continued to homeschool my kids, cooking and baking from scratch, plus doing the everyday chores. What on earth do I have time to do through out this year? Then it darn on me.

I miss having my kids in the kitchen with me. Last year, I always sent them upstairs to play while I worked on our breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon snack, or dinner. But this year, I want them in the kitchen, cooking, baking, and testing recipes with me.

So for my 2015 New Year's resolution, I'd like to teach a cooking class... to my kids.

Brek is already 12 years old. Since he luvs to cook and bake, I want to teach him this life skill, cooking for himself. I want him to become the independent man who can whip up a dinner or a dessert. Camden also luvs to be in the kitchen so getting him involve in baking is a good start.  Plus, he offers to do dishes for me. Better take advantage of that offer now, right?

So come back and visit my blog in the future to see what my kids and I will be cooking up. I see a lot of potentials from my kids... three mad scientists in the kitchen. Watch out, world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment