Sunday, November 8, 2015

Garlic Bread (dairy and egg free)

A few weeks ago, I received an email from King Arthur's Sunday round up recipes. The picture of the pull-apart bread was so mouth watering that I had to click on the link. After reviewing the recipe and pictures of how-to, I came up with my own version. Just because...

After serving the garlic bread to my munchkins and their friends, they asked for more. I think that means the garlic bread got the stamp of approval. Well, next time, I better bake at least three batches.

I baked this bread using a muffin pan. When serving to kids, I like to make everything individual for easy handling. How about baking this garlic bread for your Thanksgiving dinner. I know I will... and for Christmas dinner, for New Year.... Actually, I'll make this garlic bread every time I serve pasta.

Garlic Bread (dairy and egg free)
inspired by King Arthur's pulled-apart bread
makes 9 individual garlic bread

1 my bao dough's recipe
1/4 cup (2 oz.) organic palm shortening
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. dry oregano leaves
Any cooking oil
  1. Make the bao dough according to my recipe instruction.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the shortening, garlic powder, salt, paprika, and oregano. Set aside.
  3. Spray a cooking oil on to the muffin pan. Set aside.
  4. When the dough is ready, divide it into 9 equal parts, about 2.5 to 3 ounces.
  5. With each dough, knead and roll it into an oval shape. NOTE: No need to be perfection with the rolling of this dough. They will be folded and stuffed into the muffin pan anyway.
  6. Spread about 1 teaspoon of the garlic spread on to the dough.
  7. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 3 equal parts.
  8. Sandwich the dough so that the garlic spread is in the inner layers.
  9. Fold and fit the dough into the prepared pan.
  10. Allow the dough to proof for 15-20 minutes, depending on the room temperature.
  11. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
  12. When the dough is ready, bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
  13. Allows the garlic bread to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer them to a plate. Enjoy them with your pasta meal or just snack on them.
STORING: Keep the garlic bread in a container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Wrap the bread in foil and warm it in the oven under a boiler until warm, about 7-10 minutes.

Allergy Info: My garlic bread is free from or can be made without dairy, eggs, corn, legumes (soy), nuts, and fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment