Sunday, August 9, 2015

Peachy Streusel

After my husband was laid off in June, Life has been kicking us nearly in every turn. Since I have to be even more frugal than before, I decide to eat off of my fridge, freezer, and pantry. So far, it's been pretty easy.

I came up with the peachy streusel recipe when I had the urge to bake something sweeter. A can of organic peach jumped out from the rest of pantry items. So I thought, "why not bake it in a dish and made some sort of streusel as topping." Done!!!

The canned peaches were a bit sour, so the flavor balanced well with the sweet streusel. My kids and I had it for breakfast. When I get a chance, I'd like to bake a cake and top them with these peachy streusel. It sounded like a winner combo for breakfast or snack.

I haven't tested this recipe with fresh peaches. But definitely give it a try and let me know. Feel free to double or triple the recipe to feed a big crowd.

Peachy Streusel
serve 4

3 Tablespoons (1.5 oz.) light brown sugar
3 Tablespoons (1.5 oz.) granulated sugar
3 Tablespoons (1 oz.) sliced almonds
1 1/2 Tablespoons (1.5 oz.) all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon (0.3 oz.) rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
1 Tablespoons (1 oz.) sunflower oil
1 canned peaches (about 1/4 cup or 10 oz. of peaches)
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F degree. Please a small (3.5 oz.) baking dish on top of the baking tray. Set aside
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together the sugars, almonds, flour, oats, spices, and oil. Set aside.
  3. Arrange peach slices into the prepared bowl.
  4. Place all of the streusel on top of the peaches.
  5. Bake in a preheated oven until the peaches are bubbling and streusel is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
  6. Let the peachy streusel cool down a bit before serving. Enjoy.
STORING: Cover the peachy streusel with foil or a plate then keep it in a fridge for up to 5 days.

Allergy Info: This peachy streusel is free from or can be made without dairy, eggs, corn, legumes (soy), and fish. Omit the almonds if you have nuts allergy. For gluten free, substitute the all purpose flour with gluten free flour and be sure to use gluten free rolled oats.

No comments:

Post a Comment