Monday, August 3, 2015

Pineapple Paradise

While I was at my friend's birthday party, I drank what was to me was some sort of juice. I found out later from her aunt that the juice was blended pineapple with added Sprite. Oh boy!!! I haven't had Sprite or any other soda for over five years.

My kids still raved about the pineapple drink so I decided to just wing it and make my version. Instead of Sprite, I added plain cold water. Since I didn't really taste the carbonation in the original drink, I figured water would do the trick.

When I make smoothie or other drinks, I luv adding agave as a sweetener. So adding agave to this drink really adds a touch of sweetness. You decide how sweet you want the drink to be. My version is not super sweet like its original.

My friend's aunt told me that she didn't strain the blended pineapple. I didn't taste the pulps at all. When I blended the pineapple, it came out very frothy. I left the juice as is and my kids didn't voice any complaints. Straining the pulp is optional. Better yet, add ice cubes with a touch of coconut milk and blend to make a pina colada smoothie.

So when it was time to name to drink, I asked Brek to do it. He suggested Pineapple Paradise. You know, like having this drink on a beach... relaxing and sipping. Paradise.

Double or triple the recipes to feed the crowd.

Pineapple Paradise
serve 4

1 pineapple
3/4 to 1 cup cold water
agave to taste
  1. Peel and core pineapple then cut it into large chunks.
  2. Place them into a blender.
  3. Add water.
  4. Blend until smooth.
  5. Add agave to taste.
  6. Chill until ready to serve.
STORING: Keep the pineapple paradise drink in a container in the fridge for up to 5 days. But seriously though. It tastes so good that we always finish it within a day.

Allergy Info: This pineapple paradise is free from dairy, eggs, corn, legumes (soy), wheat, nuts, and fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment