Monday, March 26, 2018

Coffee Ice Cream (Dairy Free)

What's not to like about making my own ice cream? Not a single thing!!!

I came up with the coffee ice cream recipe many moons ago. The original recipe was made with dairy condensed milk, so I wasn't inspired to blog about it. For one thing, I didn't wanna blog about dairy ice cream. I mean, I can just buy dairy ice cream pretty much anywhere. I wanna share allergy-friendly recipes. You know, the food that I can't find in the stores. The food that I have to make it on my own.

Months ago, I found coconut condensed milk while browsing the health food store. Right then and there, I had a lightbulb moment. Dairy free coffee ice cream for Brek. DONE!!!

What's else to blog about. Let's do it!!! With less than 20 minutes, I present you... dairy free coffee ice cream. And by all mean, sprinkle some crispy bacon on top. I did, and it was... well, you try it and let me know how you like it. Or try other toppings. The possibilities of adds-in are endless.

Coffee Ice Cream (Dairy Free)
serving 4 - 6

2 1/2 cups (20 oz.) coconut cream
2/3 cup (5 oz.) coconut condensed milk
2 Tablespoons (0.3 oz.) instant coffee granules
crispy bacon or your favorite toppings (optional)

Use the ice cream maker
  1. In a large (4 oz.) cup with a spout, whisk all of the ingredients together.
  2. Pour the coffee mixture into the ice cream maker's freezer bowl.
  3. Turn on the machine and allow the coffee mixture to churn for 15 to 20 minutes.
  4. Enjoy the soft serve coffee ice cream right away, or scoop it into a freezable container and freeze it for an hour or overnight.
No ice cream maker? No worries...
  1. In a large bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together.
  2. Transfer the coffee mixture to the freezable container.
  3. Freeze the coffee mixture for an hour.
  4. Take out the soft serve coffee ice cream and beat it with a fork.
  5. Put the coffee ice cream back in the freezer.
  6. Freeze it for four hours or overnight before serving. Enjoy it with your fav toppings!!!
STORING: Keep the coffee ice cream in an airtight freezable container for up to 3 months.

Allergy Info: This coffee ice cream is free from dairy, egg, corn, legumes (soy and peanuts), wheat, nuts (not coconut), and fish. I've used Aroy-D coconut cream, Nature's Charm coconut condensed milk, and Trader Joe's 100% Columbian Instant Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment